July 10, 2008

We Can't...But We Will

Tonight Aaron brought a wonderful message on guilt. He told us that we have to give our guilt to God, but after we give it to Him, leave it with Him after we say amen. If you pick it back up, when you finish praying about it, wouldn't you be relying on yourself to handle, to take care of it. Tonight when I got home from church, in my quiet time it questioned me of my total reliance on God. And at first you think "Yea! I totally rely on God." Then once you get to thinking about it...do you actually, 100% rely on God?

Joshua 24:19-21: "Then Joshua said to the people, 'You will not be able to serve the Lord...' And the people said to Joshua 'No, but we will serve the Lord."

Let's be honest...we can't really serve God. But we do and we will. We can't beleive God is real. But we do and we will. So doesn't it go the same for relying on God, we can't but we will.